The Parish Priest, Rev. Fr. Dr. Michael Agbayi, the indigenes and the entire Catholic faithful of Sacred Heart Parish, Umuna, on September 10, 2023, warmly welcomed His Lordship, Most Rev. Solomon Amamchukwu Amatu, the Catholic Bishop of Okigwe Diocese on his Pastoral visit to their parish.
The bishop arrived the parish at 9:32 am, and solemnly began the Holy Mass at exactly 10:00 am. It was indeed a joyous moment for the faithful of the parish as this was the Bishop’s only official visit to their parish after a number of years.
Speaking during his homily, the bishop reminded the priests present and indeed all those charged with the promotion of the Faith, of their special duty as watch doors to the conscience of those handed to their pastoral care. In the same vein, he reminded parents of their divine mandate as custodians of moral rectitude in their different homes, especially, as our only guarantee for a better society. Finally, pointing out the alarming increase in crime, violence and moral decadence in our society, His Lordship emphatically encouraged all pastors of souls, parents and guardians of all levels, to wake up to their duties, in order that we record a more effective Church, build a peaceful society, and enhance a better world.
Other highlights of the event include:
– the solemn Confirmation of 130 Candidates
– solemn Blessing of a newly built Grotto of the Blessed Virgin Mary
– Warm reception of His Lordship by the Parish Council
The other priests whose presence greased the ceremony include:
– Very Rev. Fr. Bartholomew Nnaemedo, the Vicar General II
– Very Rev. Fr. Princewill Iwuanyanwu, the Diocesan Chancellor/Secretary
– Very Rev. Fr. Chibuike Uwakwe, the Diocesan Financial Administrator
– Very Rev. Fr. Jacob Okafor, the Dean of Onuimo Deanery
– Msgr. Cletus Ehiem, the Diocesan Finance Consultant
– Rev. Fr. Kingsley Ibezim, the Assistant Parish Priest
– Rev. Fr. Pachal Ukaegbu
– Rev. Fr. Cosmas Onuegbu
– Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Awah