January 21, 2024 was a very lively and joyful day at St. Michael’s Parish, Odenkume Obowo, as the Parish Priest, the parishioners, the Catholic faithful and the entire members of the Community warmly welcomed the presence of His Lordship, Most Rev. Solomon Amamchukwu Amatu, the Catholic Bishop of Okigwe Diocese on his Pastoral visit to their parish. The different homes were emptied of inhabitants, as they were out en mass, to welcome their Father in faith.
The Holy Mass, presided by the bishop, began at their parish church building at 10:00 am with Vicar General II, Very Rev. Fr. Bartholomew Nnaemedo, and the Diocesan Education Secretary, Very Rev. Fr. Isaac Ogu, flanking the bishop, among other con-celebrants.
Speaking during his homily, the bishop pointed out the fact that everyone has a vocation to which God has called him/her, and from which such a one can never successfully run away from without necessarily getting injured. however, he maintained that we required a lot of courage to take up some of the tasks God gives us. Finally, he advised that rather than trying to run away from God when we rebel against him, we should turn to his merciful heart for forgiveness, and be rest assured that he would forgive us.
Other highlights of the event include:
– the solemn Confirmation of 40 Candidates
– an Address of welcome and packages of goodwill presented to the bishop
– photoshots of the bishop with the newly confirmed and the priests, and guests present
– warm reception of His Lordship by the Parish Council, at the end of the ceremony.
The other priests who were present for the ceremony include:
-Very Rev. Fr. Bartholomew Nnaemedo, Vicar General II
-Very Rev. Fr. Princewill Iwuanyanwu, Chancellor/Secretary
-Very Rev. Fr. Isaac Ogu, Diocesan Education Secretary
– Very Rev. Fr. Chibuike Uwakwe, Diocesan Finance Administrator
– Rev. Msgr. Gregory Ramkissoon, Bishop’s Guest from the Archdiocese of Kingston, Jamaica
– Rev. Msgr. Cletus Ehiem (Finance Consultant)
– Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Okafor, Assistant Parish Priest